The Main Rules of Teqis
- A teqis match is won by winning one or more sets depending on the competition.
- One set consists of two winning games.
- One game is won when a player or team reaches 8 points.
- The deciding game must be won by two clear points.
- A point is won when the opponent:
- fails to return the ball onto the table within 2 hits (singles) or 3 hits (doubles);
- lets the ball bounce twice on the table;
- hits the ball outside the lines;
- touches any part of the Teq table.
- The server must stand behind the baseline and serve one point from the right-hand side and one point from the left.
- Each player has two chances to execute a successful service.
- The serve must bounce only once, anywhere on the opponent’s side of the table.
- Serving alternates from one player/team to the opponent every 2 points.
- The ball can be played in two different ways:
- volley - the player hits the ball before it bounces on the table.
- boardshot - the player hits the ball after it bounces on the table.
- In singles, a player can return the ball in one shot or take two touches.
- In doubles, both players in a team must hit the ball before returning it. The same player cannot take consecutive hits and the ball must be returned within 3 shots.
- The ‘doublepoint’ allows a team to win two points for a single rally before they reach 6 points. Each team can request the ‘doublepoint’ once in each set.
Please find the full document of The Official Rules of Teqis here.